Fall Classes are here!
We have 4 talented and enthusiastic instructors lined up for knitting, crochet, and needle felting classes and workshops.
Knit and crochet classes are capped at 8 participants so if you see one you like, do not delay! These spots will fill quickly.
Please note: should the minimum number of participants for a class not be met, the class will be cancelled and cost refunded.
Winter classes (starting in January) will be schedule and posted for registration in November.
Have an idea for a class? Let us know! We want to teach what you want to learn so suggestions will be taken into consideration for future classes.
Teaching knitting and crochet occasionally requires the teacher and student to be in each other's personal space in order to help demonstrate a stitch or technique. All of the instructors have been fully vaccinated, and it is our strong preference that students over the age of 12 are also vaccinated for the protection of our instructors.
The following will be required of each participant at each class:
- COVID self-assessment and confirmation of no-exposer form must be completed and signed by the participant, or the parent/guardian if the participant is a minor. These forms will be retained and made available to the Wellington/Dufferin Health Unit if requested for contact tracing purposes.
- Do not attend if feeling unwell.
- Mask covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times (but can be removed for drinking).
- Hand sanitizing must be completed upon entering the shop.
If a participant is not able to follow the requested protocols, String Theory requests that the interested participant waits until COVID protocols are no longer required to register for a class at String Theory Yarn Shop.
The following precautions will be taken by String Theory:
- All instructors and String Theory staff are fully vaccinated.
- COVID self-assessment and confirmation of no-exposer form must be completed and signed by the instructor and staff of String Theory each day. These forms will be retained and made available to the Wellington/Dufferin Health Unit if requested for contact tracing purposes.
- If instructor is unwell and not able to attend, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- Instructors will wear a mask covering the mouth and nose at all times (but can be removed for drinking).
- Hand sanitizing will be completed before and after assisting a participant, which requires the instructor to handle the participant's yarn or tools.
- Teaching area and washroom will be disinfected after each class concludes and prior to each class beginning if there has been a gap of more than an hour between scheduled classes.